Surprising Classes Accounting Majors Should Consider Taking Before They Graduate 06.22.16 – Accounting students typically choose courses geared only towards business and accounting, but this article argues that there are many benefits from…
6 Tips to Master the First 90 Days in an Accounting Job 04.11.16 – Check out this article on 6 tips to master the first 90 days in an accounting job! Learn what will impress your boss and prove that you are an invaluable…
Accountants average pay raises in 2016 expected to be 3% 04.11.16 – Finance and accounting employees in the US can expect base pay raises of an average of 3%, according to a new salary guide. Learn more about what…
Changes to the CPA Exam 04.11.16 – We’ve all heard that there were going to be changes to the CPA exam, and we are happy to now be able to provide you with some insight into the types…
"The Next Step" workshop, hosted by PwC on April 6, 2016 03.28.16 – This special workshop is designed to allow students an opportunity to hear from CPAs in various industries, ask questions of human resources…
Membership Information & Benefits
Who Can Join?
- Accounting/business undergraduate or graduate students attending a college or university in Massachusetts
- Accounting/business undergraduate or graduate students who are residents of Massachusetts and attend a college or university out-of-state
- Massachusetts CPA Exam Candidates who do not qualify for MSCPA Associate membership
Here are just a few of the great benefits of becoming a student member:
- MSCPA special events, meetings, and committees.
- Internship and Employment Opportunities
- Participation in MSCPAonline.org resume database
- Scholarships for tuition, books, and exam fees.
- Access to the members-only area of MSCPAonline.org
- Digital edition of the MSCPA's bi-monthly magazine, SumNews
- Weekly MSCPA e-newsletter Friday@Five
- CPA Exam Review Courses – up to $400 savings
Are you interested in taking a day-long advanced Excel course in the Boston area to prepare you for entering the workforce? MSCPA student members would be eligible for a significant discount.
"I joined the MSCPA to enhance my accounting knowledge by utilizing MSCPA's educational tools. Also, I can hopefully take advantage of networking and career opportunities offered through membership."-- Lucia Walker, Merrimack College, MSCPA Student Member